Senior Help Guide

Information and resources for Utah, Wasatch & Summit counties

All resources are listed by category or type of service/resource. Select a category below for a list of available services and resources.
If you need additional assistance, call our Senior Helpline at 801-229-3804.

Community Action Services and Food Bank

Crisis assistance including food assistance, emergency shelter, rent assistance, utility assistance, transportation assistance (gas and bus tokens), employment assistance, homeless assistance, and self-sufficiency education. Provides assistance in obtaining an identification card, driver license or birth certificate. Services may vary at each location.


Phone: 435-336-4277

17 South Main Street
Coalville, UT 84017 Map


Phone: 435-783-4303

30 South Main Street
Kamas, UT 84036 Map


Phone: 801-373-8200

815 South 200 West
Provo, UT 84606 Map

Wasatch County

Phone: 435-654-2182

34 West 200 South, Suite 4
Heber, UT 84032 Map

Loads of Love

Phone: 801-800-7117

Non-emergency transportation provided 24/7 for ambulatory, wheelchair or stretcher-bound patients to and from medical appointments.


Phone: 1-855-563-4403

Non-emergency, door-to-door medical transportation for ambulatory, wheelchair or stretcher-bound patients to and from medical appointments.

Mobility Transportation Services

Phone: 801-266-5060

Non-emergency transportation provided 24/7 for ambulatory, wheelchair or stretcher-bound patients to and from medical appointments.

Park City Mobility Paratransit Services

Phone: 435-615-5353

Transportation services for individuals in Park City who are unable to use the regular bus system due to disabilities. Physician verification of eligibility required. Call for eligibility guidelines.

Park City Transit

Phone: 435-615-5301

Fare free bus system.

Priority 1 Transportation

Phone: 801-506-6858

Non-emergency transportation provided 24/7. Transportation provided to all elderly customers, with a special emphasis on accommodating those in need of a wheelchair, stretcher or any other non-emergent transportation situation.

Road to Recovery

Phone: 1-800-227-2345

Transportation for cancer patients to and from cancer-related treatments and appointments. Services provided by volunteers through the American Cancer Society. Call for details.

Senior Companion Program

Phone: 801-851-7767

151 South University Ave., Suite 2200
Provo, UT Map

Individuals age 55+ act as companions by assisting frail adults with essential needs such as grocery shopping, light housekeeping, meal preparation, socialization, transportation to doctor appointments and respite for caregivers.\r\nCompanions serve approximately ten clients per week for 2-4 hours each visit and receive a small stipend for their services.

Summit County Senior Transportation

Phone: 435-336-3014

Transportation services provided by volunteers for seniors age 60+ in Summit County Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Rides must be scheduled one week in advance. Services are based on availability of volunteers. Call for more details.

Utah Transit Authority (UTA)

Phone: 1-888-743-3882 (RIDEUTA)

Public transportation service throughout the Wasatch Front.

Utah Valley Paratransit (UTA)

Phone: 1-877-882-7272…

UTA funded curbside transportation services for individuals with disabilities who are not able to use the UTA system in Utah County. Must complete certification process to receive services.\r\n

Utah Valley Rides

Phone: 801-471-0601

Door-to-door transportation provided by volunteers to seniors over 65 and persons with disabilities in American Fork, Pleasant Grove, Lindon, Orem, and Provo. Rides can be scheduled to the doctor's office, grocery store or anywhere else they need to go within the service area. Vans are equipped to transport passengers with mobility devices such as wheelchairs, power chairs and walkers. Call Utah Valley Rides or visit website for more details.\r\n\r\n\r\n

To make any changes or additions to this guide, please send an email to