Mountainland Association of Governments Executive Council appoints a committee to oversee the allocation process and make recommendations to the full Executive Council.
The FY2012 Title XX Committee is comprised of the following members:
- Mayor J.H. Hadfield, Chair Title XX Committee - American Fork
- Commissioner Doug Witney - Utah County Commission
- Mayor Jerry Washburn – Orem City, Utah County
- Assistant County Manager Anita Lewis - Summit County
- Councilmember Steve Farrell - Wasatch County Council
The following timetable is followed to allocate Title XX funding that becomes available each July 1st:
- A public notice is printed in local newspapers in November or December which invites providers in the community to respond in writing to MAG of their interest in providing services in our three county planning and service area. Only new providers are required to officially notify MAG of their interest.
- Potential providers are provided applications & invited to submit a proposal. March
- The Title XX Committee meets to review proposals, listen to presentations, and develop funding recommendations for MAG’S Executive Council. May
- MAG’s Executive Council makes the funding allocation decision. May
- Providers are notified and new contracts are developed. June
- Services begin July 1st of each year.
In January 2006, MAG's Executive Council made the decision to allocate 70% of available Title XX service dollars for senior services and 30% for community services.